LIZARD KING’S SALT LAKE CITY
Words and Photography by Yoon Sul
So, Lizard and I have been working on a TWS Pro Spotlight for a little while. There was no way we were going to have it without some Salt Lake City spots. After all, home is where the heart is. We decided to fly out to Salt Lake to finish his interview, for three weeks—I really work hard for my money.
Not to say, that it sucked, but like I just said, home is where the heart is. It was actually a great time, we worked hard and played hard. It’s actually been a tradition for me in the past three years to spend some time in SLC during the summer. It now feels like a second home to me. If you’re looking for a good time, and some cool skate spots, make a trip out there. Thanks to Lizard’s brothers, Bob “The Possum” and Matt, “The Big Fish” for their great hospitality.
On another note, life is too short… experience what you can. I appreciate my life, because I can go on these trips, and shoot skateboarding for a living, because I have very special people in my life to make my life a great life. We lost Eric Stricker not too long ago, and I just don’t undrstand why, but that’s life. I’m still very saddened by this event, but at the same time, he would want me to continue to live my life and enjoy the experiences it has to offer. It all happens in a blink of an eye, so don’t take it for granted—it only happens once. I thank you Eric, for everything you’ve given me, and I’ll never forget you. Eric was a friend who cared, and my thoughts go out to his wife Arnette, and the whole Stricker family.
- A SLC rainy day on the highway to hell.
- A trip to Salt Lake City isn’t complete without a stop at the Heavy Metal shop.
- Adam Dyet showing Lizard some very explicit material.
- An organic tomato with a penis?
- Beating the heat playing some pool.
- Definitley was “not tight” being Figgy this day.
- dickSON giving Lizzy some shaving tips.
- Eating dry Top Ramen is very weird to me.
- Families in Salt Lake City love Lizard. This family bought us beers and pizzas—such great hospitality.
- Figgy thought Lizard’s joke was “so tight!”
- Figgy warmin’ up with a kickflip.
- Giving the caddy a well-deserved bath.
- Guthrie park.
- Hangin’ with some Plumbs.
- Hemoroid cream always makes for a great B-day gift.
- I guess Lizzy didn’t need any tips.
- I present to thee the possum with cheese.
- John Dickson and Figgy getting ready for some new ink.
- John Dickson backing up the steezy backside tailslide with this buttery crailslide.
- John DICKson taking a breather from the high altitude heat.
- John Dickson with a steezy backside tailslide at Park City.
- John Dickson’s a pretty good artist—if you ask me.
- Lizard King’s SLC
- Killing time in the SLC.
- Lizard coming in hot with the kickflip at Guthrie park.
- Lizard gives Park City two thumbs up.
- Lizard grabbing the melon at Guthrie skate park.
- Lizard storytelling time—paretal advisory advised.
- Lizard walks on air.
- Lizard with Mr. Smithers.
- Lizard’s bro Bob “The Possum” Plumb.
- Lizard’s hometown shop Milosport.
- Lizzy gives Park City a big thumbs up.
- Mama lizard showing some class in the Caddy.
- Mean muggin’ in the Caddy.
- Park City.
- Pimp my ice cream truck.
- Pop gun Dickson.
- Rolling in Lizard’s ’71 Caddy Coupe De Ville. All black, no AC, and 95 degree SLC weather. Hot as fuck.
- Salt Lake’s next Lizard King getting there.
- SLC nards.
- SLC’s famous Crownburger. Meat, pastrami, cheese, fries, and frie sauce… so bad it’s good.
- Smithers in Park City.
- Some SLC scenery.
- Someone gave Lizard a kid.
- Spot Check.
- The brother’s Plumb… nerds.
- The Caddy in hot pursuit of an Asian bomber.
- This is the only way for Lizard to empty out his ash tray in the Caddy.
- What’s a Lizard skatepark sesh without the signature airwalk.