It’s the end of the year already, and the time has come for you to cast your ballot for the 2000 TransWorld SKATEboarding Readers’ Choice Award. In an effort to simplify the process of counting votes, this year we’ve modified the categories you’ll be voting for. I mean, we’ve really modified them. In the past you voted for Best Street, Best Vert, Best Liberian Freestyler, etc., but this time we’re making it easy on you.
From now on there will be only one category you’ll have to decide on. And what an easy category it is: Best Skater. We want you to tell us who the best skater of 2000 was. It can be a street skater or vert skater, man or woman (but please don’t pick a street luger, because that isn’t skateboarding).
Once we’ve tallied all your votes, we’ll announce who the winner is at the Readers’ Choice Awards in Los Angeles in May of 2001. This year, we’ll be inviting you, the readers, to the awards show to witness the mayhem in person (check skateboarding.com for more details). After all that, we’ll do a full interview with the winner and publish it in the magazine. Don’t you feel empowered?
And remember, every vote counts. If you don’t believe us, just ask Al Gore, George Bush, and the residents of Dade County, Florida.
Here’s how to vote:
1. Fill in the box below with the name of the best skater of 2000.
2. Tear this page out of the magazine. (We won’t accept photocopies, unless they’re really good and have a couple bucks paper-clipped to them.)
3. Fold the page, put it in an envelope, put a 33-cent stamp on the envelope.
4. Mail said envelope to: Readers’ Choice TransWorld SKATEboarding 353 Airport Road Oceanside, CA 92054
5. Congratulate yourself for being part of the solution.