Official Rules for the 2014 Transworld Skateboarding Magazine Ben Gore Photo Print Contest
1. INTRODUCTION: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Transworld Skateboarding Magazine), ("Sponsor") is offering the Transworld Skateboarding Magazine Ben Gore Photo Print Contest (“Contest”) as described in these official rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, dealers and agents, and the foregoing employees' household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Contest.
3. TIMING: Contest begins at 12:01:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Friday, March 28, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on Friday, April 4, 2014 (“Contest Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: Limit one entry per person. To enter: go to the Ben Gore Photography post on Transworld Skateboarding – http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000193981/videos/photography-ben-gore/ User will be required to comment in the comment section at the bottom of the post. Users then must tell us why they think they should win. See Section 6 for judging criteria. More than one (1) entry from any person, or email address, will void all entries from that person or email address.
5. ENTRY/PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: Entry and associated content must be truthful in all respects, original, unpublished, cannot have been submitted in any other competition, and must not infringe or violate any third-party rights, including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark and publicity. Entry may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion if any entry or associated content: (i) disparages Sponsor or its business partners, (ii) causes or may cause reputational harm to Sponsor or its business partners, (iii) infringes or violates any law or regulation, or any third party rights (including but not limited to the rights of copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity), and (iv) contains nudity, sexually explicit content, violence, hate, gore or other offensive material. Sponsor shall retain discretion as to whether an entry and associated content are appropriate for the Contest.
6. JUDGING: One (1) finalist will be selected as the potential winner and must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. On or about April 7, 2014, the eligible final entries received will be judged and one (1) winner will be determined by selected judges chosen by Sponsor ("Judge(s)"). Prize will be awarded based on the following criteria in relation to the Contest theme: persuasiveness of entry. The decisions of the Sponsor and/or Judge(s) on all matters related to the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. NOTIFICATION: Starting on or about April 8, 2014 the potential winner will be notified (the “Notification”) in order of merit by e-mail. Within seven (7) days following the actual send date, of the Notification, the potential winner must correctly complete, execute and return the following documents as directed: An Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement, including where lawful a Publicity Release. Please note that additional documents may be required at the discretion of Sponsor. Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case such prize will be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score in accordance with the herein described judging criteria. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received.
8. PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive a signed Ben Gore photo print ($20.00 retail value). The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in the Contest is $20.00. Contest prizes are nontransferable, must be accepted as
awarded and subject to the conditions herein will be awarded. No substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize or part thereof cannot be awarded for any reason; in such event, Sponsor will in its sole discretion award a substitute prize or part thereof of equal or greater value. Each winner is solely responsible for the following in relation to a Contest prize awarded to him/her: a) any and all applicable taxes (including but not limited to the following taxes: federal, state, local taxes and sales tax); and b) any and all applicable fees and expenses that are not specifically set forth herein as included with a Contest prize and are related to the acceptance, award, enjoyment, installation and use of a Contest prize. Visual prize depictions may not accurately represent an awarded prize.
9. ENTRANT VERIFICATION: In the event of a dispute regarding which individual submitted any entry, such entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person whose name is on the applicable official entry form, email or essay page.
10. RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor (and where applicable a supplier and/or manufacturer of a service or product included with a Contest prize) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies' officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, employees, representatives, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity, and any personal injury, death and/or property damage) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, and/or the use, enjoyment, acceptance, installation or possession of a Contest prize. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Contest prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor and its representatives, licensees, assignees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the "Licensees"): a) The right to photograph/video a winner (including an awarded Contest prize and throughout a Contest prize activity); and b) The right in perpetuity to use, reuse, publish and display a participant's/winner's name, address, entry information (plus associated content), statements, quotes, opinions, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, photograph(s), biographical information, prize information, and winner-submitted photograph(s)/video/text/blog(s) (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by Licensees) for advertising, trade, commercial, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without limitation or additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that all entries and associated content, including all related intellectual property rights, become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned and may be used or edited by Sponsor without additional compensation in any and all media, without the further right of approval of entrant, except where prohibited.
11. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating in the Contest they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, altered, stolen, postage due or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a Contest prize(s); and c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, line failure, injury, faulty machinery or other mechanical error, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Entries made by proxy or electronic means such as script, bot, macro, or any other similar software or program are void. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. If in the Sponsor's or Judge(s) opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor's discretion. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted.
13. WINNERS' LIST: A list of prizewinners will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after March 1, 2015 to 2014 Transworld Skateboarding Magazine Ben Gore Photo Print Contest – c/o Source Interlink Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Attn: Legal.
15. SPONSOR: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Surfing Magazine), 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.