The Icon x Icon project takes two of our most iconic skateboarders, Eric Koston and Brian Anderson and lets them completely customize two of Nike’s classic footwear models, the Dunk and the Blazer.
Starting with the Colors By series in 2002 and continued on with the various Custom Series projects over the years, the goal has always been to let our riders put their touch on their favorite models. With Icon x Icon, Brian and Eric were given carte blanche access to update the Blazer and the Dunk. And in Brian’s case, customization led to a new SB shoe model.
Brian Anderson x Blazer Mid SB CS
* Chopped down Mid Top height
* New Cupsole Construction for lighter weight and added durability while keeping the classic vulcanized profile and sidewall stability
Eric Koston x Dunk Low Premium SB
* Heel lining pods to enhance fit and decrease slippage
* New grippier outsole durometer tested and approved by Eric
* Turn and stitch toebox with a new eyestay lace for added protection
In honor of the release of the Icon x Icon project, we have created a special mini site that features the history of the Dunk and Blazer, footage from the backyard ramp jam ad shoot with Eric, Brian and friends, behind the scenes with Brian as he paints 250 shoe displays to be sent to SB dealers worldwide and in depth interviews with Brian and Eric discussing the shoes.
To see all of the new videos and check out the shoes, please visit: nike.com/nikeskateboarding/kostonxanderson
TransWorld will be at the Nike Icon party tonight, so look for photos on the site tomorrow!