In the wake of yesterday’s tragic events, there have been rumors that next week’s Surf Expo in Orlando, Florida has been canceled. They are not true. Surf Expo will convene as scheduled. The following is a letter from Lori Kisner, vice president of dmg world media, parent company of Surf Expo.
Dear Surf Expo Exhibitors and Attendees:
The staff at Surf Expo joins you, and the rest of our nation and the world in mourning for the victims of yesterday’s events in New York City, Washington, DC, and Pennsylvania. And as we wait for news of survivors, we also pray for our President as he guides our nation through the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we are working to return to the routine of our lives. Fortunately, government officials report they have no evidence that Florida had been targeted and are emphasizing returning to normal. Today, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa are all resuming operations of all their theme parks, water parks, and shopping, entertainment and recreation areas at normally scheduled times.
As the repercussions of the tragedy unfold, we will keep you updated about Surf Expo. As we write this, our anticipation is that, although security-heightened, travel will return to normal throughout the U.S. by next week and Surf Expo will be held as scheduled in Orlando, September 21-23.
Please check daily our Web site for any updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (678) 781-7970.
We look forward to hosting you next week in Orlando.
Sincerely,Lori KisnerVice Presidentdmg world media
New At Surf Expo
* Surf Expo welcomes more than 200 new exhibitors to the line-up, including BCBG Max Azaria swimwear, Savier footwear, Von Zipper eyewear and, in the all-new Kids Section, Colorworkshop. The newcomers join more than 600 returning companies from the surf, skate, swim, streetwear, resort, kids, wakeboard & waterski and windsurf industries. For more info, please call 800-947-SURF or visit the new surfexpo.com.
* surfexpo.com, Surf Expo’s newly redesigned Web site, is now searchable by product category. The new site also features an enhanced exhibitor database that includes web and postal addresses, phone and fax numbers, and booth numbers for all Surf Expo exhibitors.
* The All-Industry Party starts at 9 p.m. on Friday, September 21, at the House of Blues. Don’t miss the Surf Expo premiere of Billabong’s new video, “Pickled,” at 10 p.m., followed by a live performance by newly signed Atlantic Records band Superfly Rodeo.
* Two all-new fashion shows will showcase the latest apparel from the resort/swim and surf/streetwear categories. Shows can be seen Friday and Saturday at 12:30 p.m. resort/swim and 4:30 p.m. surf/streetwear, and Sunday at 11 a.m. resort/swim and 1 p.m. surf/streetwear.
* The street course demo, sponsored by Billabong and Osiris, is now located inside the convention center in the food court area on registration level to the right of Hall A. Demos are scheduled for Friday and Saturday at 1 and 5 p.m. and Sunday at noon.
* Vans is the new title sponsor of the Surf Expo vert ramp, co-sponsored by Hurley and Smith Sport Optics. Vert demos are scheduled Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.
* Surf Expo also welcomes marketing director Dan Darby, field marketing manager Kelly Macrides, and field marketing representative Julie Kinser to our staff. All will play instrumental roles in the launch of our new BTS East and BTS West events in 2002.