Zumiez Couch Tour 2004 unleashes top skate teams and musical talent on seven cities.
Sum 41, Autopilot Off, CKY, Bam Margera, Eric Koston and Ryan Sheckler on Board for Biggest Summer Tour to Date
Zumiez, Inc., the leading youth specialty retailer of clothing, music, hard goods, and related products for skate, snow, surf, and active young lifestyles, has announced plans for its Couch Tour 2004, which will feature some of the top musical acts and skateboarding talent on the planet when it kicks off June 5 in Littleton, Colorado. The tour, in its 4th year, is the biggest to date with stops in seven cities and the new addition of top musical artists from Island Records, including Sum 41, Autopilot Off, and CKY, plus De La Soul and Volcom Entertainment Bands Another Damn Disappointment and Swindle. Skate teams from Element, Emerica, eS, Etnies and Volcom will participate with a list of skateboarding’s elite expected to appear that includes Bam Margera, Eric Koston, Ryan Sheckler, Rick McCrank, Geoff Rowley, Mike Vallely and Tosh Townend, just to name a few. Legendary freestyle moto-X team the Metal Mulisha will take center stage at the Mesa, Ariz. tour stop.
Admission to tour stops is free and, beyond performances and demos from the featured bands and teams, respectively, events will include Xbox video game demo stations, Jones Soda and Wonka Nerds Rope sampling, product sales and giveaways, appearances by local radio personalities, autograph sessions with featured teams, and the Zumiez Couch.
The complete Zumiez Couch Tour 2004 schedule is as follows:
* June 5 -- Southwest Plaza in Littleton, Colo. with the eS skate team and De La Soul
* June 9 -- Fiesta Mall in Mesa, Ariz. with the Metal Mulisha and Sum 41
* June 13 -- Crossgates Mall in Albany, NY with the Emerica skate team and Autopilot Off
* June 20 -- Sunrise Mall in Sacramento, Calif. with the Volcom skate team, Another Damn Disappointment and Swindle
* June 22 -- Clackamas Town Center in Portland, Ore. with the Etnies skate team and Live Music TBA
* June 26 -- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn. with the Element skate team and CKY
* June 28 -- Springhill Mall in W. Dundee, Ill. with the Element skate team and CKY
In addition to the featured skate teams, promotional partners for the Zumiez Couch Tour 2004 include Boost Mobile, Jones Soda, Spy Optic, TransWorld Skateboarding, Xbox and Wonka Nerds Rope. Marketing support for the tour will include print ads in TransWorld Skateboarding, local radio and print advertising, promotions in more than 115 Zumiez retail locations and online at www.zumiez.com, flyer and poster street marketing campaigns in each tour city and marketing trade (e.g. online, email) with tour participants and sponsors.